Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 5, 2011- A picture of self




Well, I guess this blog is about Life's Journeys, right? So, I have been on a big weight loss journey for the last four years. Maybe even longer than that.... probably more like my whole life. Today's post is a look back to see how far I have come in my journey. So, 106-108 lbs ago (depends on the day...) ;-), I was the first picture on the bottom. It is almost unreal to me, but I am sure I thought I looked THIN as I was lying on the bed trying to squeeze into my jeans. It still takes me a little while to recognize the person in that photo along with the person currently in the mirror.





The next picture was taken about 5 years ago. This was right before I began my marathoning experiences. Then, Jeff and I did the Disneyland Half Marathon. It ws the second race I had ever done. After I had been walking marathons for a little bit, I still was losing some weight, but not as much as I had wanted. So, just a couple of months from the next photo, I joined Weight Watchers. What a great program that is with some realllly wonderful people. I love the support and the information that I get every week.




This leads me to this last picture. This is the current photo of myself. About 45 days ago, I had a long talk with my doctor, Dr. Shin, about being stuck on the last 25 pounds. He and I had a long talk about weight and there was a program that he wanted me to try to help me to become a fat-burning body instead of a sugar-burning body. It seemed like a good idea until I had to give up chocolate. I won't say that it was easy, but I will say it has been life-changing for me. No longer am I dependent on the Costco-size bag of M&M's or Ghiradelli chocolate chips (my two favorite foods!!!) I no longer NEED to eat as much sugar as I can in one sitting. I am pretty proud of that! I am very lucky to have had that talk with him. Even though there were days that I hated his guts for putting me on the program, I am still very thankful!




So, for me this year is about a new journey... a journey to a healthier lifestyle.


And, just because I can, here is the newest picture of Jeff!



































No comments:

Post a Comment