Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 19, 2011-My mantra for the year


Most of the day today I have been talking to myself. Saying what you ask? Well, when I spent 30 something years beating myself up over every little negative imperfection, one has to have new words to say to oneself when one changes. I am trying to replace all those negative comments with positive ones. Now, don't think I am conceited because I am posting these. These are the words that I use to remind myself how far I have come. I think as humans it becomes so common to tell ourselves that we are this or that, that we never really think about how ingrained it becomes in our personalities. So, I am going to replace all those "you can't do____________" with "I can do and be anything I want". I also catch myself doubting myself at times... such as when the seams don't match up on a quilt. I am replacing that with "I am incredible and amazing!" Everything starts with baby steps. So, here are the start to my baby steps. Do you have some you want to write?

No comments:

Post a Comment