Friday, August 5, 2011

August 4, 2011-Sea World

Now, I am not a huge fan of Sea World for a variety of reasons, but Jeff and I got free season passes earlier in the year, so you know, FREE.  We have gone a couple of times and usually we don't go to Shamu because we have seen Orcas in the wild, and it just isn't the same.  However, this time, we decided to go, and Jeff got some good pictures.  I doubt I will feel the need to go again to the Shamu show, but you know, every 10 years or so and I am good.

However, on a different note, one of the coolest things that I have done lately, is that at Sea World, you could watch the dolphins and if they felt like it, they would come so you could touch them.  It was almost time to close the exhibit, and we just thought we would see what they were up to.  Jeff was standing there watching them and one came up and let us rub him.  It was VERY cool.  We traded spots since Jeff had the camera.  The only other time one has come up is, of course, when you can feed them, and during that time they aren't really interested in you touching them. So, I think for them to come up on their free will and let me touch them is pretty darn cool.  Thanks Sea World for making my day!!!  Now, if I can find an experience like that on vacation, I would LOVE it.





No comments:

Post a Comment